The West Platte Library Media Center seeks to support the school mission of developing students with a healthy, intellectual, physical, and emotional balance that will allow them to become lifelong learners and productive citizens in a changing world. Students must be able to think, create, share, and grow.
This mission is accomplished by:
- providing guidance in information literacy
- providing access to informational materials in a variety of resources and media that present different perspectives and experiences through a variety of interest and reading levels
- stimulating students' interest in reading and using information to find solutions
- promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to enrich and enhance teaching
- supporting the school's curriculum and reading initiatives