What is the A+ Program?
West Platte School District participates in the A+ Program which provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates who attend a participating Missouri public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools. West Platte is proud to be able to offer this program to our students.
Benefits of the A+ Program
Assuming state funds are available, students will receive reimbursement for the unpaid balance of the cost of tuition to attend a Missouri public community college or vocational/technical school, after federal post-secondary financial assistance funds have been applied. Funds to pay these tuition incentives will be paid by the State of Missouri, not the West Platte School District, PROVIDED state funds are appropriated by the Missouri General Assembly. I understand that if I successfully complete the requirements and graduate with A+ certification, that the tuition incentives may be available to me for a period of four (4) years after high school graduation.
Requirements of the A+ Program
- Have a signed, copy of the A+ Participation Agreement on file in the A+ office
- Must have attended a designated A+ School for three (3) consecutive years prior to graduation
- Graduate from high school with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Have at least a 95% attendance record for the four (4) year period
- Perform at least fifty (50) hours of approved, unpaid tutoring of younger students
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol
- Register for Selective Service, if applicable
- Make a good faith effort to first secure all available federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds that do not require repayment (FAFSA)
- Score advanced or proficient on the Algebra 1 End of Course Exam
These standards will be reviewed quarterly by the A+ Coordinator for approval of continued participation in the A+ Program.