Excellence in Education
The West Platte School District promotes high achievement through exceptional academics, quality staff, personalized learning, strong programs, stable student and teacher population, and state of the art facilities.
- Recognized by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as having achieved “Accreditation with Distinction in Performance.”
- Top Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) scores in the state as assessed in Communication Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies.
- A+ High School allowing graduates to attend any junior college or trade school in Missouri tuition free.
- ACT scores above state and national averages.
- Annually 87% of West Platte seniors attend college.
Exceptional Learning Environment
The West Platte School District is proud of their staff and teacher’s accessibility to both students and parents. It is our goal to create partnerships in the education of our students. We encourage personalized learning allowing every child to reach his/her fullest potential.
- Unified campus that includes all students from preschool through 12th grade.
- Small class sizes: the average class size for K-6 is 14-18 students; grades 7-12 have 14-15 students per class.
- Average years of experience of teachers: 15.9 years; Percent of teachers holding advanced degrees: 67.5%.
- Extra-curricular participation: West Platte has strong athletic, arts and science programs. Students have the opportunity to participate in many and various programs that help round out their educational, athletic, arts and science interests.
The West Platte School District provides a secure school and community that promotes the well-being of each student both emotionally and physically, increasing the child’s development as an individual.
- Active Parent Teacher Organization for grades K-6; Booster Club for grades 7-12.
- Before and after school age childcare available with activities, help with homework and a nurturing staff.
- New Elementary Gymnasium built to FEMA Standards in 2011.
- High School Performing Arts Center also built in 2011.
- Families find warmth and security in the strong partnership that exists between home, school, and community.
- Community pride and high expectations for educational quality serve as the driving force in West Platte’s quest for excellence.