History

A log school house, erected near the foot of Main Street, was among the first buildings to be built when Weston was founded. This was a private school. The next building to be used for educational purposes was also a private school; but in 1869, it was purchased by the Weston School District and for the first time free school was provided in Weston.

This school occupied the position where our present high school building now stands. It was destroyed by fire in 1873, but rebuilt the following year. The early facilities housed physical and biological laboratories, a large library containing thirteen hundred volumes, a stage, and recitation rooms equipped to instruct the three hundred and twenty-five students in the most up-to-date manner.

Weston High School

West Platte School District
West Platte School District