The following guidelines have been established to promote consistency in payment for District paid reimbursable expenses that are incurred by staff members on school business and for students travelling overnight for school sponsored activities. Funds will be advanced to the group sponsor for student travel. There will be NO advancement of funds for District employee only travel.
- Staff mileage will be reimbursed at the current IRS standard mileage rate. Mileage will be calculated from the school to the destination and back to the school, unless you are travelling from your home AND the mileage is less than travelling from the school.
- Claims for mileage should be submitted with a copy of a MapQuest or Google Maps calculation of mileage.
- If miles travelled deviates substantially from on-line map mileage due to unforeseen circumstances, a written explanation and documentation of additional miles traveled should be submitted with the reimbursement request.
- Cost of hotel rooms and conference fees will be paid by the District when approved by administration. Hotel room charges should be billed directly to the school whenever possible. Building administrators will be responsible for reserving rooms on their District credit card.
- Only eligible* meals associated with school business travel when an overnight stay is required will be reimbursed. Itemized receipts must be attached to reimbursement requests or payment will not be made. Credit card receipts alone are not sufficient for receiving a reimbursement. Meals are reimbursable at the actual cost for meals (includes meal & sales tax – employee is responsible for gratuities). Maximum meal reimbursement for staff is as follows:
- Breakfast $10
- Lunch $15
- Dinner $25
- **There will be no reimbursement for snacks/incidentals**
- If attending a conference, meals cannot/will not be reimbursed if meals are included in the conference itinerary. The conference itinerary must be attached to reimbursement requests associated with conference travel.
- Student meals will not be paid with District funds unless an overnight stay is required and travel is for state level or above competition. Maximum meal allowances for eligible* student meals are as follows:
- Breakfast $8.00
- Lunch $10.00
- Dinner $12.00
- **There will be no allowance for snacks/incidentals**
- Advancement for student meal allowances will be made to the group sponsor if the expected cost will be over $100. For student meals under $100, reimbursement will be made to the sponsor after itemized receipts have been submitted.
- Funds will not be advanced or reimbursed for breakfast if a hotel stay is involved and breakfast is included in the cost of the hotel.
- Eligible meals for travel are based on required travel time:
|Meal Type||Depart Before||Return After|
|Lunch||11:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m.|
|Dinner||4:00 p.m.||6:00 p.m.|
- The school is exempt from paying sales tax. The school’s tax exempt certificate should be submitted to facilities providing lodging or companies providing vehicle rental at the time reservations are made. Tax exemption on meals is required for large groups.
- Receipts must be provided for reimbursement of tolls and or parking charges. Other costs associated with travel will not be reimbursed, unless approved by the superintendent/designee in writing.
- In the event that District funds are provided in advance for meals and/or travel expenses, itemized receipts for all expenses paid with District funds, as well as any funds that were not expended, must be submitted to the Central Office when travel has been completed.
These guidelines do not address all possible circumstances. Additional limitations or allowances on travel expenditures may apply.